Pages

What's My Story?

This is my family today. I have been married for 11 years to a fantastic man and we have 3 boys (6,8 & 10 years old) and they keep me very busy!




I was diagnosed with leukemia when I was 4 and was then treated with 3 years of chemotherapy. I have been very lucky & in remission since.  However, with that experience the doctors were not certain if I would be able to get pregnant but I have been very blessed with my boys. After having my health challenges I knew when I had children I wanted to raise them as healthy as possible.  So that started my interest with nutrition.




Growing up I was always physically active but never an athlete.  After my last baby was born I was determined to get my pre-baby body back (despite also having hypothyroid) so I was more committed to the gym.  I loved working out and was fascinated by how much the body can change.  My little brother was a personal trainer and bodybuilding competitor and we talked about fitness. He was one of my favorite people & my life changed forever when he died (about 5 years ago... and my heart still breaks when I hear his name and I am crying while I type this)



I decided a few months after his death to become a personal trainer to help fill the void and that decision also changed my life forever for the better and ultimately placed me where I am today. I wouldn't be the person I am today without the challenges that I have had in my life & my hope is to share my life with you in order to inspire you to be the best YOU! 

Here is a video I made before I completed my biggest goal in my brother's honor 7 months ago

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your story! You're whole family actually inspires me and I'm glad you're finally doing your own blog! Definitely linking to your blog on mine because more people need to be inspired ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie!!! I am so glad our lives crossed. You are awesome

      Delete